Live Events - Sat 18 Aug, 11am - 4pm
Mayor of London and London 2012 Festival present Showtime, a FREE festival giving all Londoners the chance to enjoy world-class entertainment and culture on their doorstep. www.molpresents.com/showtime
Hounslow High Street. Performance will include,
- UPSWING DANCE
A light hearted, fast paced fusion of aerial dance and hip hop centered around the pursuit of love. Created as a collaboration between Vicki Amedume and Jonzi D, working with a group of young dancers and using staging and equipment that allows performers to explore new realms of movement
- RED POPPY LADIES' PERCUSSION
Relive the spell-binding synchronization of the Beijing Olympics opening ceremony with a performance by Red Poppy Ladies’ Percussion. The repertoire mixes traditional and contemporary influences from both Eastern and Western music, pairing fast beats with dramatic lighting and elements of dance
- CLOSE ACT: SAURAS
The biggest beasts that ever walked the earth return to the twenty first century. With a deafening roar these Sauruses charge through the crowds, looking for food to calm their hunger. A jaw dropping interactive work for all ages.
- WET PICNIC
Clowning, slapstick comedy and acrobatics. Expect lots of audience participation
- LYRIX ORGANIX
A live relay between musicians, poets, freestyle MCs, beatbosxers and street artists.
- BASH STREET - STRONGMAN Inspired by Charlie Chaplin’s 1928 film ‘The Circus’, THE STRONGMAN tells a story of intrigue and jealousy, with a big helping of comedy and musical ‘joie de vivre’. Set in the 1920s, the story involves a travelling show that has just lost its headline act. The Strongman has died, and if his assistant doesn’t find a replacement she will be forced to quit the circus. To make matters worse, the Boss is stealing her share of the profits. Who can save her from homelessness and destitution. Will she find a Strongman in time? And will he be able to lift the two-ton challenge that awaits him?
How to get to Hounslow High Street:
Bus: 237, 235, 120, 111, 117 H20, H91, H37
Tube: Hounslow Central, Hounslow East or Hounslow West are all on the Piccadilly Line
Parking: There is parking for this event and would be situated at the Treaty Centre Car Park
The Site of the Performance
Seating/ Viewing Area:
- There will be a reserved viewing area for wheelchair users and benches available for those who are less able to stand.
- Watermans stewards will ensure that this area is properly used by the intended persons.
- The Treaty Centre is on the high street where you can find accessible toilets
- The nearest Tube to Hounslow High Street is Hounslow Central – Piccadilly Line which is a five minute walk.
- The nearest accessible tubes are Hounslow East or Hounslow West both Piccadilly Line.
- At Hounslow East the step between the platform and the train is 51- 120mm and the gap between the platform and the train is 0- 85mm.
- At Hounslow West the step between the platform and the train is 121- 323mm and the gap between the train and the platform is 0- 85mm.
Bus routes to Hounslow High Street:
237, 235, 120, H20, 111, H91, H37, 117
Please click on the link below or consult tfl.gov.uk for other route maps.
- The nearest car park is on Montague Road, off the high street, which is within 5 minutes walking distance from the performance area.
- Alternatively, there is a car park in the Treaty Shopping Centre with several hundred spaces, which also has disabled car parking facilities.
- Unfortunately there will be no sign language interrupter available
- This is a Free public event the areas are expected to be crowded, music will be at an expectable level and it’s a very visual event.