Live Events - Sat 14 July from 12 noon - 5pm
Get your dancing shoes on and join the party
From 12noon - 5pm
- Kuljit Bhamra's CHUTNEY IN THE STREET.
Enchanting story-telling through a unique blend of songs and dance inspired by the popular musical style of the Indo-Caribbean communities of Trinidad, Guyana and Suriname with plenty of audience participation – all cooked up in a spicy mix of soca guitars and percussion.
- Live music from Britain's Got Talent finalists JIVE ACES from 1-2pm
- The LONDON SWING DANCE SOCIETY who will be running three 30 min dance classes in different dance styles like Charleston, Jiving, Rock and Roll .
- The afternoon will be punctuated by performances of the sparkling dance routine created by Wayne McGregor to celebrate 2012 from local dance schools
- Lots of different free dance workshops to join in throughout the day, including; Salsa - led by Maria Palmieri from Salsa Tropical and Contemporary and Street dance by Kati Codgono from Rambert, Anamika Roy from Bollywood Dance London running workshops called 'Pure Bolly.'
This FREE event is part of Big Dance and the London 2012 Outdoor Arts Festival
How to get to Hounslow High Street:
Bus: 237, 235, 120, 111, 117 H20, H91, H37
Tube: Hounslow Central, Hounslow East or Hounslow West are all on the Piccadilly Line
Parking: There is parking for this event and would be situated at the Treaty Centre Car Park
The Site of the Performance
Seating/ Viewing Area:
- There will be a reserved viewing area for wheelchair users and benches available for those who are less able to stand.
- Watermans stewards will ensure that this area is properly used by the intended persons.
- The Treaty Centre is on the high street where you can find accessible toilets
- The nearest Tube to Hounslow High Street is Hounslow Central – Piccadilly Line which is a five minute walk.
- The nearest accessible tubes are Hounslow East or Hounslow West both Piccadilly Line.
- At Hounslow East the step between the platform and the train is 51- 120mm and the gap between the platform and the train is 0- 85mm.
- At Hounslow West the step between the platform and the train is 121- 323mm and the gap between the train and the platform is 0- 85mm.
Bus routes to Hounslow High Street:
237, 235, 120, H20, 111, H91, H37, 117
Please click on the link below or consult tfl.gov.uk for other route maps.
- The nearest car park is on Montague Road, off the high street, which is within 5 minutes walking distance from the performance area.
- Alternatively, there is a car park in the Treaty Shopping Centre with several hundred spaces, which also has disabled car parking facilities.
- Outside TKMAX there will be a stage with different dance performances and workshops.
- Outside Holy Trinity Church there will be a space where there will be different dance performances and workshops. The surface area is pavement, which is uneven in places.
- Unfortunately there will be no sign language interrupter available
- This is a Free public event the areas are expected to be crowded, music will be at an expectable level and it’s a very visual event.