Part of the Hounslow Community Fair
11am - 5pm
Performances at 11.45am and 2.35pm
An intimate dance experience that unites the stillness of Zen meditation with the rapturous motion of Sufi dervishes. Evoking a cultural landscape that extends from Persia to Japan, Sufi:Zen exists in a world of contrasts – of ice and fire, entropy and energy, introspection and divine omniscience.
Sufi:Zen is choreographed by Gauri Sharma Tripathi with the support of Jonathan Lunn and Mavin Khoo. It merges multiple dance styles, including kathak, contemporary and ballet. Set to a score by Shrikanth Sriram, this performance reflects Akademi’s longstanding reputation for presenting modern perspectives on traditional South Asian dance forms in unusual and distinct spaces.
The Hounslow Community Fair marks the end of a summer of celebration for the Diamond Jubilee and the 2012 Games with a community fair, full of fun and showcasing everything the borough has to offer. (Click on Hounslow Community Fair above for more information)
Location: Lampton Park, Hounslow TW3
How to get to Lampton Park
Bus: 120, H20, 111, H91
Please consult tfl.gov.uk for other route maps.
Tube: Hounslow Central on the Piccadilly Line which is a 3 minute walk.
Accessibility For Lampton
The Site of the Performance
- Lampton Park is a primarily flat outdoor space made up of large areas of grass as well as tarmac paths that create routes around the park.
- There are a number of flower beds and trees along the tarmac paths but they do not cause an obstruction.
- There are some benches situated around the paths.
- The main entrance to the park is on Lampton Road which is a busy road at times.
Disabled Toilet Access
- The Civic Centre is next to the park where you can find disabled toilets (please see the map).
- There will also be an accessible portable toilet on site.
- The nearest Tube to Lampton Park is Hounslow central, which is a five minute walk.
- The nearest accessible tubes are Hounslow East or Hounslow West.
- At Hounslow East the step between the platform and the train is 51- 120mm and the gap between the platform and the train is 0- 85mm.
- At Hounslow West the step between the platform and the train is 121- 323mm and the gap between the train and the platform is 0- 85mm.
There is no direct bus route from Hounslow East to Lampton Park- to walk will take an average of 15 minutes. The route bus H91 from Hounslow West takes an average of 16 minutes.
Bus routes to Lampton Park:
Please click on the link below or consult tfl.gov.uk for other route maps.
- There will be disabled parking available for this event.
- The disabled parking area is located on the corner of Covelly Road and Lampton Road (Please see the map below).
- From the disabled car park to the main park entrance is a short five minute walk along Lampton Road.